Want to share this article? Visit our re-post guidelines.
There are many variations when making homemade fermented raw vegetables, this is one of my favorite healthy and fast versions.
Homemade Fermented Raw Vegetables
- 6 Quart size glass canning jars (may not use all 6)
- (1) 16 ounce bottle of SueroGold (A2 whey water/cultured whey from Beyond Organic)
- 2 medium sized cabbages (either green or purple cabbage)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 granny smith apple
- Small bunch of fresh parsley
- 3 Tablespoons of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Put all the above food ingredients into a food processor using the shredder blade attachment except the SueroGold and Himalayan Sea Salt.
- Put all food processed ingredients into a large bowl and add salt and bottle of SueroGold.
- Mix and massage (squeezing vegetables) with hands well.
- Fill canning jars with vegetables ¾ full.
- Pour any extra juice left in bowl into the jars.
- IMPORTANT – Do Not let any vegetables be exposed to air, everything must be under water, (if short on liquid for canning jars, add filtered water to fill jars up to top).
- Place canning jars in an area that will not be disturbed such as a cupboard or portable cooler (no ice) with lids on lightly so air can escape.
- Let sit for 4-7 days, put lids on tight, and refrigerate. Will last 6 months in refrigerator.
Optional – instead of Himalayan Sea Salt, you can juice a bunch of fresh celery and use the juice.